Following on from the previous post, we have been asked to upload a few more of the documents, maps & objects as seen on the day. Here is the first, more to follow. This map, on display in our Boardroom, dates from about 1840.
It shows the purpose-built offices and residence of Robert Crabtree that replaced the original building (it is thought that a lawyer’s office existed there before 1738). It can be seen that the very extensive grounds ran right down to the river and New Reach. The building was reduced to about one third of its size in the 1960’s through demolition, to allow Halesworth Press to build their print works. The grounds were sold off many years ago and now form the Town Park etc.